The owner bought Michaella in July 2020 when she was a one-owner boat in pristine condition still professionally maintained but out of use from five years (2015) due to health problem of her owner.
The North Hydranet genoa was new from the last season that the boat was sailed in 2015, this is the reason why I did not replaced it. Her teak deck and Lewmar hatches were new from 2010, the deck was never sanded since.
Since then I have done a thorough refit of all the working systems of the boat in order to complete successfully my solo return passage to Cape Horn after 126 days of sailing :
- New standing and running rigging 35 000€
- New watermaker membranes and feeding pump 150 l/h 4 000€
- New mainsail Contender Prohybrid triradial 7 000€
- New Lithium 200Ah 24 v battery 3 500€
- New LED Ligthing 70 bulbs 1 000€
- New Cape Horn Wind Vane 5 500€
- Hydraulic check up of furling systems 2 300€
- preparation of the boat installation of steering vane +
- 400w of Solbian solar panels with MMPT regulator +
- Electric winches check-up +
- anti fouling +
- new seacocks 16 000€
- New electronic B&G Zeus 9 + B&G 4 G radar 8 000€
- New dinghy and 3.5 Mercury 1 500€
- New 100 Ah 24v alternator 2 500€
- New rudder bearings and relocating steering wheel 3 400€
- New heavy duty cockpit canopy 4 000€
- Check of the three electric pilots 500€
total invested 94 200€
According to the owner, Michaella is the best HR 53 available on the market and in commission to cruise to the most remote places immediately and of course to take part to the GSC which the owner will happily do if he has not sold her in the coming months as his plans are to enter the Route du Rhum in 2022.
She is offered at 390 000€ VAT paid . French Flag
The boat is lying in Yacht Club del Mediterranéo in Palermo (Molo Sud) she can be viewed there easily.