Marco Nannini - Event Director
Marco Nannini is a sailor, writer and consultant in marketing and communication with a financial background.
“I know the commitment it takes to undertake a round the world sailing project. I experienced the sense of achievement it brings and the sacrifice it takes. I never underestimated the risks involved, i learnt the importance of mitigating and managing them. I wish to provide a safe and budget friendly event to achieve a dream that many sailors have.“
- Director “Barca a Vela” – Sailing magazine – Current;
- CEO “Prime Consulting” – SME Business Consultancy – Current;
- Director “Training Centre for Offshore Sailing” – 2013 to 2018;
- Author Dalla banca all’oceano Longanesi – 2015;
- Medal for Merit – Presidency of the Senate, Italy 2013;
- Sailor of the Year, Italy 2012;
- Global Ocean Race 2011/2012 – Competitor, Class 40, 2nd Overall;
- Route du Rhum 2010 – Competitor, Class40, 27th/45;
- Round Britain and Ireland – Competitor, Class40, 2nd Overall;
- OSTAR 2009 – Competitor IRC3, 1st Place;
- Risk Manager – UniCredit – 2006 to 2011;
- Business Analyst – Finance – 2000 to 2006;
- 1st Class Hons Degree in Economics and Finance – University of York, Class 2000;
Professional boat builder, carpenter, designer, engineering of sailing and motor yachts for more than 20 years in the Arcachon basin in France.
CTO of Prime Consulting Peter has extensive experience in website building, social media management, online advert-isement, SEM, SEO.
Margherita Pelaschier is a Copywriter, SEO consultant and sailor. She has worked on events such as the LV Cup and America’s Cup.
Josh Hall - External Advisor
Josh Hall is an experienced con-sultant with an enviable list of achieve-ments both in terms of offshore yacht-ing experience and mangament.
Paul Peggs - External Advisor
With a wealth of sailing experience from campaign-ing a self built carbon Mini 650s to Class40s Paul Peggs is constantly on the go.