This page provides participants in the Global Solo Challenge with instructions on how to post their personal blogs to the website. You may send your blog to your own website or social media page as well as to the GSC website for increased visibility. We often reshare blogs on social media pages where in the region of 50k followers all accounts considered.
To be able to send blogs you first need to register and supply any email address that you will be sending blogs from, this could be your day to day land email plus your boat satellite email address.
Only registered emails can blog to the site so there is no risk of the webiste being spammed by third parties.
Once you have registered your email(s) adrress(es) you will be able to simply send emails to ‘blog [at] globalsolochallenge.com’ and your emails will be processed automatically. At present blogs are processed every hour so they may not appear immediately, the frequency may be stepped up closer to the event itself.
To post a blog simply compose an email addressed to “blog [at] globalsolochallenge.com” where:
- The Subject of the email becomese the Title of your blog
- The First photo inline or attached to the email becomes the main image
- Additional images are turned into a gallery of photos at the bottom of the blog
- You can attach short videos (max size of file will depend from your email provider, reduce quality of videos and resolution to obtain smaller size files)
- You can attach documents such as .pdf .ppt .doc .xls if you need to, theses will appear with an icon and link given by the filename at the bottom of your blog
- If you have a signature you can conclude your blog with a double dash and everything after that will be ignored i.e. —
- The default language for any imported blog is English, if you don’t specify otherwise the blog will appear under the list of english blogs
- You can also post in any of the following languages: French, Spanish, Italian
- To do so you need to start your Subject with [fra], [esp] or [ita] respectively followed by the title and this will create the blog under the correct language. For example: [fra] Le titre du mon blog
- If you wish to blog in other languages we suggest you leave them as if they were written in English as currently we dont plan further translations of the website
- All blogs will appear sequentially in the Blogs pages of the respective languages and under your profile page in the language of the blog (if you blog in multiple languages the English blog will appear under the English translation of your profile page and together with all website English blogs. If you blog in French the blog will appear under the French translation of your profile page and together with all website French blogs.
- We suggest you always include at least a photo in landscape format with minimum resolution 800 x 600 approximately
Request activation of your blog feature